Saturday, June 21, 2014

Get Fit Friday - My Favorite Recipe Website



Loss this week: 2 lbs
Total Loss: 4.5 lbs

This week, I'm linking up with Bunting, Books, and Bright Ideas with Christina's "Getting Fit Friday".  Head on over there and get some great ideas for getting fit this summer!

I am seeing some definite momentum!!  My goal this summer had been 1 pound a week, and the last two weeks I've surpassed that goal!  I think that tracking on the weekends, plus exercising four times a week is really working.

I want to tell you about my favorite website for recipes.  Seriously, this past week, I think I made all of our dinners but one from this site.  Skinnytaste was created about 6 years ago with recipes that are low fat, yet still delicious.  Plus, they use tons of fresh ingredients and no "Franken-food."  So you won't see any recipes with fat free Cool Whip or Sugar Free Jello.  As someone who is trying to get the processed food out of our house and eat cleaner, this site has been a God-send!  When I'm planning my meals on Fridays for the next week, this is the place I go.  Here are some of our favorites:

Baked Chicken Parmesan:  This tastes almost exactly like the full fat variety.  It was so good, plus every single child in my house cleaned their plate.  When that happens, you know you have a winner!

Lemon Feta Chicken:  I made this one as directed with drumsticks, but next time, I think I'm going to use boneless, skinless chicken breasts.  First, because I think the feta will stay on better, and second, because taking the skin off of the drumsticks is an incredibly messy job.  Either way, it was a hit too!

Baked Oatmeal with Blueberries and Bananas:  I made this for dinner this week.  There weren't any blueberries when I was grocery shopping (criminal, right?), so I used some frozen strawberries.  Still fabulous.  My two youngest scarfed it up.

So, if you're in a rut looking for fresh, low-fat ideas for dinner that still taste delicious, this is the website for you!  She's also got a cookbook coming out in the fall.  (Mine's already pre-purchased at Amazon.)

See you next Friday.  Next week, I'm talking about how to stay on track while on vacation!  Eek!

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE Skinny Taste! I used her ALL THE TIME when I did Weight Watchers! Thanks for linking up!

    :)
    Christina
    *Bunting, Books, and Bright Ideas*

    ReplyDelete