Friday, June 13, 2014

Get Fit Friday! - Weekends

Loss This Week - 1.5 lbs*
Total Loss - 2.5 lbs

* I think I need a new scale.  When I stepped on it this morning, it said I hadn't loss anything.  Then, I tried again after lunch for curiosity's sake, and I'd gained 2 1/2 pounds.  A couple of hours later, I'd gone down 4 pounds from lunch.  I've been on it a couple of more times just to see what would pop up, and it's stayed pretty consistent, so I'm going with that number.  I feel like I'm on The Biggest Loser with the scale numbers popping back and forth.  :)

On to your regularly scheduled programming:

Am I the only one who struggles with weekends?  During the school year, I spend so much time making sure I'm eating right and tracking while still doing everything else, that on weekends, I just want to relax and not think about it.  Unfortunately, I think that it's really sabotaging my weight loss.  So this past weekend, I decided I was still going to track over the weekend.  I was going to be more relaxed about what I ate, but I was going to keep track of everything I ate.  I discovered that just keeping track helped me not eat mindlessly.  I still didn't eat perfectly, but I was more mindful of my choices.  I went over my allotted points both days, but not by much.  Weight Watchers gives you extra points for the week, so I didn't feel as guilty.  I even found a great recipe for a light Fettuccine Alfredo that was made with milk, chicken broth, and Parmesan cheese.  Delicious.  I'm trying to eat pretty clean too, so I'm staying away from fat-free or fake foods.

As I planned out my meals for the next week, I'm also being more mindful of what I'm serving on the weekends.  That's our time to eat those comfort foods (think cheeseburgers and hot dogs), but I'm trying to make sure we've got some good for you stuff in there too!  I seemed to work last week, and we'll see how this week goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment