Friday, July 19, 2013

Word Wall Cards!

We just got back from a week of vacation in Indiana.  While it was nice to rest and relax, it's time to get in the back to school mode!  I go back to work on July 31st, but I'm going to head in next week to start getting my room set up.  I actually sat down today to make a list of everything that needs to get done before school starts (or at least everything I could think of).  It fills up a whole page!  And most of it is printing various posters and charts for the walls.  Guess I better stock up on printer ink.

One of the items I've been wanting to get done is my word wall cards, and I got the first batch finished today!  These are Fry's First 100 words.  While they are geared more toward kindergarteners and early first graders, I will use some of them in my classroom with my ESOL students.  I plan on getting the second and third 100 done before school starts.  Here's a peek:



I know chevron is all the rage right now, so I decided to give them a chevron background.  They are for sale here!  I'm going to work on getting some large header cards done this weekend.  I've also only got one more center to finish for my Back to School Math Centers.  I'm hoping to get those posted this weekend too, so be sure and check back soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment