Saturday, July 6, 2013

Getting Ready for Back to School!

I know, it's awful, isn't it?  I go back at the end of this month!  I know some teachers just finished, and I'm already searching for the Back to School sales.  My students (and my own children) will have their first day of school on August 7th.  Hopefully, it won't be 100+ degrees.

With that thought in mind, I've created some Back to School Literacy Centers!  There's six centers, because that's all I plan to use the first month of school.  Once I have the Daily 5 up and rolling completely, I plan on having 10 centers a month, but 6 is perfect for now.  I looked at the end of the year expectations for first grade, so all of these centers review the first grade skills my second graders will need to know when they come to me.


(The clip art is from the incomparable Ashley Hughes.  I love her clip art!  It's so crisp and clean, and it's perfect for kids' printables.)

I really tried to keep the activities simple and straight forward.  I am teaching a class of mainly English Learners this year, so I worked hard to make the activities clear and understandable, even for students who are not native speakers.

Be sure and go to my TPT store to check them out!  They come in full color and in black & white (for people who are more frugal than I am about their ink usage.  :) )

Math Centers will be coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment