Friday, June 28, 2013

Five for Friday!

It's this week's Five for Friday post!  My week in a word:

IKEA (I love that place.)

Before I get into the IKEA love, let me share about the week.

1. I spent two days here:


Our system is moving into the digital world, so I learned about the new eClass platform we'll be using.  Since I teach second grade, I probably won't use a lot of resources available for student response (discussion groups and dropboxes), but I LOVE the quiz feature.  I can create a quiz, have the students take it in the computer lab, and it's graded automatically.  Anything that saves me grading time makes me happy.  :)

2. Wednesday was my next to oldest's birthday.  Now, I have two in double digits!  (And I feel old, but we won't talk about that.)

He got a Falcons t-shirt from his grandma.  (Please ignore the mess behind him.  We don't have a playroom, so my living room does double duty.  Sigh.)


And we went to a baseball game of our local Triple A team.  Go Braves!  Of course, when you take a two year old to a baseball game, you rarely see the end.  We lasted almost six innings.  That's pretty good, right??


3.  Today I went to IKEA.  I love that place.  I would decorate my entire house with items from there.  However, my bank account does not agree with my love of IKEA, so I'm confined to smaller purchases.

I bought these for my classroom (I used the photo from the IKEA site because the actual boxes are in the back of my car ~ another victim of the lack of storage at my house):


I have the black ones and some pink ones from last year.  Now, if they could only get purple, I'd have a complete set!

I also got the ubiquitous book boxes.  I've discovered that my students go through two sets every year.  Oh darn, another trip to IKEA in December to get new ones.  How sad.  ;-)


I got a set of bath mats too, but I couldn't find those on the website.  And, they're in the car too.  I'm taking it all to school on Monday to drop off.

4.  Of course, it wouldn't be a trip to IKEA if I didn't come home with some things for my house!

You know the glasses they have in the restaurant?  I got them.  8 as a matter of fact.  Awesome.


59 cents!  Are you kidding me!?!?

And I got to lunch with this little lady.  :-)


Her brother isn't a big fan of the paparazzi, so I rarely get a picture of him.  And even though I bought her a meal, she dined on ketchup.  Not so ladylike.  That's what happens when you have three older brothers.

5.  Finally, I have a wish list.  (Shh, don't tell my husband.)  I won't tell you how long it's been since we got new furniture for our living room, so I want to get some new things.



We'd need a new TV too so it could fit on the TV stand, so I'll be saving my pennies for awhile.  Our TV is almost as old as the birthday boy, and the volume buttons don't work anymore.  If we lose the remote, it's bad.

And, finally, I found one more classroom decoration.  Wouldn't this look great in my room?

How was your week?  Be sure and share!

No comments:

Post a Comment