Friday, June 21, 2013

Five for Friday Link Up!

So I thought that I would celebrate both my first "official" post and the first day of summer by linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching Five for Friday!


So, here goes!

1st -

Doesn't he look so pathetic?  That's my five year old on our pool adventure on Monday.  We tried one of our public pools, but it started thundering, so we had to leave.  So, we went to the pool that's indoors.  We were there five minutes, and the power went out.  (Seriously??)  This is him waiting in the lobby for the lights to come back on.  Thankfully, they did after about 20 minutes, and we were able to enjoy our afternoon!

2nd -


This was our lunch on Tuesday.  Yes, it's summer, and yes, we should eat healthier, but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

3rd -


I AM getting some work done!  These are the word wall words I'm using this year.  They're based on the Fry words, but they're a combination of a few of the lists.  Hoping to have them up for sale soon!  Also, watching my summer obsession, "So You Think You Can Dance."  Cat Deely is awesome.  :-)

4th -


Speaking of work, I'm within inches of getting my ESOL endorsement!  I had to do a 30 hour practicum which included 3 days of ESOL summer school.  I got to spend two days last week with a sweet class of kindergarteners and first graders!  Thursday, the fifth graders who are in summer school came and did Book Buddies with the younger kids.  It was so sweet to see all of the kids reading together!  I go back on Tuesday to finish up.  I'm smitten with these kids, but I have a soft spot for ELs.

5th -

 OK, first, let's just ooh and aah over her.  :-)  Today was a perfect pool day, so I took everyone to the pool.  This is my (almost) two year old trying to wear her brother's shoes.  She can be so adorable sometimes.  (I chose not to photograph the fit she threw just a few minutes later.  The Terrible Two's have arrived at our house!)

So, that was my week!  A little bit of randomness here and there.  Can't believe that my summer is almost halfway over!

No comments:

Post a Comment