Monday, October 21, 2013

My Truth Monday - Fitness


I'm linking up with Denise at Sunny Days in Second Grade for her series on sharing our true feelings about various topics.  Today's is especially relevant to me, because I went jean shopping yesterday.  (Insert groan here.)  I hate shopping for clothes.  Don't get me wrong, I love clothes.  I love looking nice.  I love having a full closet with lots of choices.  But, I hate shopping.  I hate having to search through racks and racks to find the one thing that fits me.  I hate trying on four pairs of pants of various styles and not having anything that fits.  And I REALLY hate being so short.  When I do find something that fits, it's usually about 6 inches too long.  Can I get an "Amen" from the vertically challenged?  I guess everything clothing designer in the world thinks that all women who are petite are also a size 0 with no hips.  Well, I've had four children, so I definitely have some hips.  :-)  So, I decided that it was time to start getting fit again.  I spent today tracking all of my food, AND I got up early enough to exercise!  Trust me, that was quite the sacrifice since there's a two year old who lives at my house who can sometimes be up in the night.  (Like last night.)

So, here's my truth:

My goal is to lose 40 pounds by the end of the year (which will also be my 40th birthday).  Hopefully, by the summer time, I'll feel a lot more fit!

So, what's your truth about fitness??

No comments:

Post a Comment